Friday 22 June 2012

Sonnet......sort of!

Interminable minutes, hours and days
Negate the hopes, ambitions, of my youth,
Endlessly blocking all the schemes and ways,
Enfeebling stealthily the search for truth.

Damn the desires I once held! in fear,
Made known, I should be left alone, bereft;
Outed, exposed, derided as a mere
Nugatory fool, that could be used, then left.

Escaping from all that, I turned it round;
Yielding no more to love, aloof and proud,
Not giving, taking,and then shifting ground
Only to flee once more from love allowed:
Which leaves me now, in age, once more alone:

  Dissatisfied.

                     Unsatisfied.

                                       A hopeless drone.

1 comment:

  1. hey…. i am crying here…. lying alone and weeping at the heart on a sleeve…. Beautiful words Chris: Beautifully desolate and sad. I wish i could give you a big man hug right now. xxxx

    ReplyDelete